As you look in the mirror and notice the accumulating effects your active lifestyle and the passage of time are having on your skin, do you find yourself wishing for a reset button? Well, board-certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Malena Amato has several tips you can follow to do just that, especially if you incorporate the skincare products she highly recommends.
- Wash in lukewarm water to avoid stripping oils away from your skin.
- Apply moisturizer immediately to your damp skin to help seal in the moisture.
- Always use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer, especially a broad-spectrum one with an SPF of at least 30, which blocks 97% of the sun’s UVB rays. Reducing sun exposure will slow down the aging process, and with it, the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Switch to gel and foaming cleansers, which are perfect for after a long, hot day. Dr. Amato recommends deep-cleaning products to flush away all the dirt, grime, and other pollutants that may have accumulated in your pores.
- Incorporate exfoliation into your weekly beauty routine, with cleansing pads or a gentle facial brush and a small amount of glycolic acid to reveal the vibrant skin underneath.
- Use a facemask three times a week to draw out impurities, dirt, and oils from the skin’s surface.
- Use retinoids and serums every day to help achieve a smooth and glowing complexion. These products help reverse the damage caused by the sun and the environment, which leads to uneven skin tone and dark spots.
- Drink plenty of water. Your skin needs hydration, best provided by fresh, pure water.
- For overnight hydration, apply a generous layer of moisturizing cream before going to bed.
In addition to these tips, Dr. Amato’s wide range of skincare products, procedures, and treatments can help you achieve a younger-looking, healthy skin and a more refreshed version of you. Beyond sunscreen, moisturizer, antioxidants, and retinol products, her skincare lines include the best youth-preserving ingredients.
The protection and maintenance of your skin are vital for the treatment and prevention of damage caused by the sun and the environment, as well as aging. As described above, an excellent starting point for daily skincare includes sunscreen and moisturizer.
Dr. Amato passionately believes skincare is an essential activity in maintaining the refreshed look of your skin after surgery or laser resurfacing.
Feel free to call Dr. Malena Amato at her Austin, TX, practice at (512)-501-1010, either for a skincare consultation or to purchase the best skincare lines available, all dermatologist-tested and offered only in medical spas.