A facelift can give you a much more youthful look by removing or reducing sagging skin and tightening the underlying layers of facial tissue and muscles that have gone lax overtime. If you decided to have a facelift, then you’re probably expecting long-lasting, beautiful results. After all, it is an investment into your future.
How long the results of your facelift last will largely depend on a variety of factors, including the type of facelift you have and how you care for your skin in the months, and even years, following your procedure. Here’s how you can make the most of your facelift results.
What Kind of Facelift Techniques Are Available?
At Malena M. Amato MD, Dr. Amato offers two types of facelift techniques: the mini-facelift and the mid-facelift. The mid-facelift is for patients who are experiences signs of aging in their cheeks, including volume loss and a tired, sunken appearance. Dr Amato uses various techniques for mid-face lifting depending on your individual needs. This can involve dermal fillers such as Voluma, Sculptra, or the minimally invasive mid face or short scar face-lifting, fat transfer, and cheek implants.
The mini-facelift is the most appropriate for patients who are beginning to notice aging in their mid to lower face but do not show severe excess skin around their neck or jawline.
How to Care for Your Skin After a Mini/Mid Facelift
Whether you have a mini or mid facelift, here are a few things you can do to preserve and extend your results and keep your rejuvenated appearance for as long as possible.
- Follow Your Surgeon’s Instructions: Dr. Amato will give you a comprehensive list of instructions to follow after your facelift to encourage proper healing. By following these instructions, you will not only help to preserve your results, but you can also shorten your recovery time. For example, it’s important to follow your surgeon’s advice on how to care for any incisions and when you can return to work or exercise.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet is an excellent way of not only preserving your facelift results but of staying healthy and youthful overall. A healthy diet includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, sustainable fats, and lean proteins.
- Hydration: Don’t forget about the importance of hydration for your skin’s health. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will keep your skin and entire body well-hydrated. Keep in mind that drinks like milk, juice (without sugar additives), and tea can count towards your hydration goals, but drinks like alcoholic or caffeinated beverages do not. In fact, alcohol can contribute to accelerated signs of aging because it dehydrates your body.
- Protect Your Skin: It’s crucial that you protect your skin from the sun and harmful pollutions. Exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays can accelerate the aging process, leading to dark spots, wrinkles, and loose skin. Protect your skin by wearing protective clothing and sunscreen every day of at 30 SPF or higher.
- Make Your Skincare a Priority: A great skincare routine is going to make all the difference when it comes to preserving your facelift results. Cleanse, treat, and moisturize your skin twice every day. If you’re unsure what type of skincare is right for you, talk to Dr. Amato or a licensed aesthetician who can recommend the perfect skincare routine for you.
Schedule Your Mini or Mid Facelift Today!
With over 17 years of experience in the cosmetic and medical industry, Dr. Amato’s main priority is your safety and ensuring that every procedure she performs is as gentle and non-invasive as possible, while still delivering the results you desire. For more information on how her methods stand out among other surgeons, don’t hesitate to call (512) 501-1010 or contact us through our convenient website portal to schedule your personalized consultation today!